Wella Professionals is a renowned professional hair care brand that has a rich history spanning over a century. Let's take a journey through the key milestones in the history of Wella Professionals:
- Wella was founded in 1880 by Franz Ströher, a German hairdresser. He started his own business in Rothenkirchen, Germany, producing wigs and hairpieces. The company initially operated under the name "Ströher & Co."
- Early Innovations: In the early 20th century, Wella began developing its own hair care products. They introduced the first perming and waving products in 1924, revolutionizing the hairdressing industry.
- Expansion and International Success: In the 1920s, Wella expanded its operations beyond Germany and established itself as an international brand. The company opened subsidiaries in London and Paris, marking the beginning of its global presence.
- Introduction of Hair Colors: In 1950, Wella introduced its first hair color product, Koleston, which quickly gained popularity. Koleston was known for its superior quality and a wide range of shades, making it a favorite among hair professionals.
- Professional Partnerships: Wella forged partnerships with renowned hairdressers and salons worldwide. They collaborated with talented stylists and educators to promote their products and advance the art of hairdressing. This helped Wella build a strong reputation in the professional salon industry.
- Acquisition by Procter & Gamble: In 2003, Wella was acquired by Procter & Gamble (P&G), a multinational consumer goods corporation. P&G recognized the value of Wella's professional expertise and aimed to expand its presence in the salon industry.
- Formation of Wella Professionals: Under P&G's ownership, Wella underwent rebranding and reorganization, leading to the creation of the brand "Wella Professionals." The aim was to focus on serving the needs of professional hairdressers and salons.
Innovations and Product Development:
Wella continued to innovate and develop new products to meet the evolving demands of the hair care industry. They introduced breakthrough technologies, such as the Koleston Perfect Innosense range, which offered vibrant hair color while minimizing the risk of allergic reactions.
Coty Inc. Acquisition:
In 2015, Coty Inc., a global beauty company, acquired a portfolio of P&G's beauty brands, including Wella Professionals. This acquisition allowed Coty to strengthen its position in the professional salon segment. Check out
Today Wella Professionals continues to be a leading brand in the professional hair care industry, offering a wide range of products, including hair color, care, and styling solutions. The brand maintains its commitment to innovation, education, and supporting hair professionals worldwide.
Get authentic Salon professional range of Wella at Prokare, PROKARE Seal of authenticity is our guarantee that the products sold on the site are 100% Authentic and only sourced directly from brands or their authorized distributors. Shop with CONFIDENCE. Check out Wella Professionals here.